Friday, December 29, 2006

Just a few words from the peanut gallery...

Did I mention how excited we are??

Not too much to report. We are well into our dreaded paperchase. We got our birth certificates and marriage license, we got clean police background checks, Bob has had his physical (he has to get his TB test yet),I have my physical next Thursday, most of the paperwork for our agency has been filled out, our I-600 (orphan petition) is sent in...whew! I forgot how crazy this whole process is!

The news on the referral front is not very promising. Timelines continue to climb. By the time we are logged in we will probably be looking at a wait of about 2 years. We are, of course, hoping and praying that the pendulum will swing the other way during our wait and that we will be united with our daughter sooner than later.

The name situation is still up in the air! But we are considering all offers for naming rights and would probably yield to the highest bidder! (Just kidding of course...If only it were that easy! Bob and I might be in divorce court over the name before this whole thing is over!!)

No comments: