Wednesday, January 10, 2007

WOW!

Things seem to be moving so much more quickly this time around. This time I feel we are working against the clock because of the new regulations. Even though both my husband and my SW tell me that we will be FINE even if we, for some reason, DO NOT make the May 1st deadline for our LID, I still feel safer getting things in before D-day. I just want to play it safe. Within the last few weeks here is what has happened...adoption-wise:
  • I got my physical (and a clean bill of health!!)
  • Bob got his TB test and should be completely DONE with his medical exam
  • Received a copy of the kids immunization records - will bring their paperwork to Dr. Ed tomorrow to be completed
  • Bob and I both received the letters from our employers
  • Finished the PILE of paperwork for our SW
  • Police background checks came through clear (whew!) - These have to be re-written because of a problem with the notary...not a big deal, but still a pain
  • We had our joint interview and I had my individual interview with Sara
  • We received our fingerprint appointment date (Jan 25th! Yah!)
  • Our home visit and Bob's individual interview with Sara is next Tuesday
  • We've come to no concensus on a name...except for the fact that we CAN'T agree on anything!!! (If only Bob would see things MY WAY!!)

As I mentioned before, the process seems SOOO much easier this time around. Of course, I should probably shut my mouth...it isn't over yet...

No comments: