Saturday, May 12, 2007

1 Month LID Anniversary

It's official...1 month down, a gazillion to go...

*
Do you remember in high school when you were excited when you celebrated monthly anniversaries with your boyfriends/girlfriends?? I remember when I was excited to reach each monthly milestone. I'm not so sure how I feel about that with regrads to our adoption...I mean, another month down is another month down...but when you're talking 36 months, 1 month doesn't seem like much.

*

Not much new on the adoption front. We received a list of families that will potentially be travelling with us somewhere down the line. One of the families is from Wisconsin (I think the Milwaukee area), and we are very excited about that! Hopefully by the end of this horrendous wait our group will all still be in tact...let's face it, a lot can happy in 3 years (please, please, P*L*E*A*S*E don't let the wait get.that.long...) The encouraging news is that the next batch of referrals is RUMORED to include 15+ days. In the Chinese adoption world that is MAJOR news! What does that mean for us?? Well, IF the CCAA does deliver on the 15+ days this month and IF they can continue to keep that trend in the coming months (which is highly unlikely, given the bleak track record), we might be looking at an 18 month wait at a minimum for our referral. Oops...I mean 17 months...we are 1 month down, remember??

*
We'll wait for you sweet Daisy...as long as it takes...

No comments: